Nicolette

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Cards for Ellie

My boss's daughter was turning 6 and he asked me to make two cards -- for her party & her actual birthday. Since he calls her Ellie-bug, he wanted one with lady bugs on it. I found this really cool paper that had the lady bugs all around the edge. Then I wrote in the funky font that I like. I used a piece of grosgrain red ribbon that I've had hanging around and also added some ladybug stickers.

The second card he just wanted something to just say "I Love You." With that freedom, I used pink papers and an "e" sticker. There is a piece of pink organdy ribbon too.
He had me make up a couple other cards for some other birthdays too. I just didn't get pictures of them.
It's amazing how when you have to stick to a certain theme how hard it can be, to be creative! I struggled with the other cards I made for him because of the parameters that I had to work with. Sorry I didn't get pictures of them.

No comments: