Nicolette

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Several Cards

These cards are of varying sizes from large to small. The motorcycle birthday card is 5"x7", the thank you card is 4"x6", and the bottom birthday card is about 2 1/2" x 4" big.


This card is for my friend at work. He loves riding motorcycles. I found the motorcycle stickers (half off at Hobby Lobby!) and got the motorcycle paper at a scrapbooking store. I decided to use the Harley-Davidson symbol to make the Happy Birthday part. I left the inside blank so that the person who's using it can write their own message.
Back in the fall, I received a gift of a beautiful tie-dyed dress from Nigeria. It was sent with one of the men from my office who had been doing some work there. I had been wanting to do something special to say thanks and got my chance! This man is going back again to Nigeria on Monday and is going to take the card with him. This card has 5 papers. I used bubble letters to spell out thanks and then wrote the name of the family in calligraphy. Inside I wrote Acts 20:35, "It is more blessed to give."


This last card is so small, but has a bunch of stuff on it. I used 7 different papers and some blue organdy ribbon. Inside it says Happy Birthday. It's for a co-worker who has her birthday Friday.

No comments: