Nicolette

Friday, December 9, 2011

A Day of Food Preparation

I was trying to make the most of my day and decided that I should just get a start on making the goodies that we'll give for Christmas this year. (Two of Barry's co-workers have been talking for over a month now about how they're looking forward to the goodies!)

I had hoped to get a bunch of it accomplished Thursday, but lack of preparation got in the way. I started making stuff and realized I was 1 egg short for one recipe. How frustrating! I also needed one other ingredient, but had forgotten the coupon at home so I didn't get that either.


Here's the ingredients... Can you figure out some of the things I'm going to make?

The first things I made were Rice Krispie bars, but I neglected to get a good picture of them... It's kind of hard to see what they are when they haven't been cut into bars yet. The ones I made were special bars -- peanut butter & peanuts in with the Rice Krispies and then a chocolate/butterscotch layer on top. Yum!


Secondly was the Hershey Kisses' Blossoms. You can make a really easy version with a Betty Crocker cookie mix, but these are home-made all the way! Last, but not least, I made chocolate covered pretzels. I think these are one of my all-time favorites because they are so easy to make and they just taste so good. I added some red sprinkles on top to be festive.
These are something new I tried and will be bringing to a party Friday night. They kind of look like pizza rolls, but they're called Parmesan Bites. I hope they warm up okay because I don't think they'll taste so good cold. It's a cream cheese mixture with the parmesan cheese in it. You roll out crescent rolls and spread the mixture on it with the pepperonis on top. Fold them up and cut into manageable pieces and ta-da! We'll see how the party-goers like them.

No comments: