Nicolette

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Book Report

My boss had asked me to read this book and do a book report on it. I'm excited to use my creative juices to create a 1 page summary, a 5 minute oral presentation, and an item to help "sell" the book.
The story line follows a family as they immigrate from the Ukraine in the early 1900s to find religious freedom in America. It continues on through three generations to see how God is personal and meets you right where you need it. The title comes from a passage in Isaiah 60 and offered hope to a father that despite the wrong choices that his sons were making, God was going to bring them back to him.
The reason I'm reading this book is because of the difference that a Bible placed by The Gideons picked up out of a hotel room in Las Vegas made in the lives of this family. It was an easy read and offers hope to its readers that God has a plan and a hope for the future of even the hardest of cases.

No comments: