Nicolette

Saturday, October 8, 2011

October Birthday Wishes

Since the birthdays have passed, I can share these cards that I made for family who had birthdays this week.
This is for my mom's birthday. I liked this gray paper with the asterisks on it and since it had some blue in it, I used that as a complimentary color. This is of course a design template from CPS. This was the first time that I used the die cut that had the birthday things embossed into the circle. I used some white organdy ribbon and wrote "Happy Birthday!"
This card was for my niece who turned 6 on the 6th! (We also gave 6 gifts!) I just did a simple design with the three papers. I added pink organdy ribbon and a plastic e. I also wrote "Happy Birthday!"
Last, but not least, is a card for my dad. I liked the complementary colors that were matched with the cross paper and the blue, but wish I could find brown paper to match every shade of brown! I think it turned out okay and I wrote "Happy Birthday, Dad!" in my favorite font.

No comments: