Nicolette

Friday, September 2, 2011

Saying Goodbye to a Co-worker

In the new department that I moved to (officially two months ago, physically to my new desk Monday), one of the ladies who's been here for 9 years decided to retire early so she can be with her family (and grandbaby born in March). On Thursday, we provided a breakfast break for our floor and some special guests that she invited - about 30 people.


I made breakfast casserole, we got donuts from the local bakery, and someone brought fruit salad and pigs in a blanket. It was just just the right amount for the group that came.


Here's some of the ladies hanging out -- Linda is in the middle (who this was for).


These ladies are in my department (l to r) Jody, Mary, & Linda. Not pictured - Stephanie.


Jody made a little picture book and asked for people to write up notes and send pictures. I had the chance to make a few of the pages.


It'll be a big change not to have her here and I've got a lot to learn to help fill her shoes.

No comments: