Nicolette

Sunday, August 7, 2011

What we've been doing...

Most don't know that we've gone through 3 miscarriages over the last 3 years (Sept. 2009, April 2010, October 2010). We've struggled to see what God would want by having the three little ones with Him. Our struggle with infertility has been over 7 years and culminated in January 2009 when my doctor said that I would probably never have children. I had surgery in August 2008 because of a polyp in my uterus and the doctor also drilled in my ovaries to release some of the extra hormones stored there.

We know that God has a plan for us, but it was so hard to see what that could be. So, on May 26, it was a great surprise when I took a test and this was the result:
The line is so faint, but it's there. In fact, later on, I found out that this was just barely 3 1/2 weeks. So, I called in to the doctor and made an appointment for June 6 thinking that I was about 7 1/2 weeks along. I went in for the appointment and when she did the ultrasound, I was not as far along as I expected. This was a great disappointment and led me to believe that I would probably have a miscarriage. I began feeling "well" and realized that something wasn't right.
I was supposed to go back on June 13 but cancelled the appointment because I didn't want the bad news before we went up to Michigan for vacation. I had an appointment on the following Monday, June 20 and expected the doctor to say I'd have a D&C. Can you believe that when I went in the doctor says "There's a heartbeat."? I about fell off the table!
So, Barry & I went in on June 27 and we got this ultrasound picture. The baby looks like a little teddy bear, don't you think?! Our friends gave us a cute teddy bear with a jellybean scarf since the baby is about that size now. We've been calling the baby Jellybean!

We're at 14 weeks and are excited to see what God has in store for us. Baby Stevens is due February 3, 2012.

No comments: