Nicolette

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cards for a Co-worker

A co-worker asked me to make up some cards for her so I worked on them tonight to bring in on Friday. I used 4 different papers for this one. I'm always looking for paper with red in it that isn't valentinesy or christmasy and I found this at Joanns. I added the smaller yellow with red flowers from my scrap pile and then matched the colors with the other pieces. I used some black letter stickers that I had to spell out Thanks! I also used some cream organdy ribbon.
I had this apple-teachery paper that I used as the basis of this card because the co-worker wanted to give to her daughter who is a new teacher. I used a little kid sticker on a red circle I cut out and then I used complimentary colored paper to tie it all together. When I get to work, I'm going to add some writing on the cream part with a red marker I brought. I added a pocket on the inside because she wanted to add in some verses on slips of paper.


No comments: