Nicolette

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our Niece's 16th Birthday

Our niece turned 16 on Sunday so we decided that to make it a little extra sweet that we would send not just one card but 16 cards! I didn't make all 16, but here are the ones that I did make:
This is an adaptation of a template that I saw on CPS that was supposed to be a vertical design. I used a variety of pink papers and just wrote a cute little poem on the inside.


This one is just a flat card that I designed and wrote a little bit on the back. I used some paper that had candles all on it, but cut the candles out to do separate ones. I decided to play off the word 4.

Here's a card that I did that was a different size - probably 3"x 4". I used the happy birthday paper and played off the colors in that paper.

This was a simple one because I just used a Suzy Zoo die cut that I had. I just matched the colors and added a little writing on it.

Here's another flat card that I just used a variety of letter stickers to spell everything out.

This one didn't quite turn out the way I envisioned, but I do like the colors. I wrote Happy Birthday to you! all around the edge of the butterfly.


So far I've heard that she's gotten about 6 or so of the cards. I expect that she'll have the rest this week. The other thing that we did was to have different people write the address on the outside envelope to throw her off. It worked! :)

No comments: