Nicolette

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Week of August Cards

I messed up and didn't get a picture of the birthday card that I made for my niece. Several things were not going well on it and I guess I just wanted to get it in the envelope and done with! In any case, we have a busy first week in August with 3 birthdays and 2 anniversaries. Here's what I came up with: I used 6 different papers (counting the little hearts!) for this card. I used a piece of pink organdy ribbon and some hot pink letters to spell mom. I had the Happy Birthday paper (you've seen it before!) and I just cut out one of the sayings to add to this card. It's a little bright, but that's the point, right?!
Here's another birthday card (with the pink Happy Birthday paper!). I used a design from CPS that I've done fairly recently, but modified it to a smaller size since I was going to put this card inside of the anniversary card below. I tried to use complementary papers that pulled out the colors in the pink happy birthday paper. I also added a piece of pink organdy ribbon, a hot pink j and a little cute heart. I used some zots to adhere the ribbon and they are pretty awesome!


This card I actually made 2 of. I had this cute Valentinesy paper that I had left over with "loves me loves me not" on it and then I matched the colors with the other papers - reds and pinks. I wrote a simple Happy Anniversary on the front and added three hearts. It's pretty simple, but since it's going through the mail, it needed to be!


I know we have a few more birthdays coming and I need to do thank you's too. So, there should be some more cards coming! :)

No comments: