Nicolette

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Strawberry Muffins


A couple weeks ago, strawberries were pretty cheap and so I decided to stock up. (In fact, I think that I got my fill of strawberries for a while.) I had a pint that was getting close to going bad so I decided to make some muffins to take to work. I had made some strawberry muffns before, so I looked through all my recipes, but ended up getting a recipe from allrecipes.com.


The cool thing about allrecipes.com is that people write in comments about recipes and offer suggestions. So, I did this recipe and did as they suggested -- adding 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. I had decided to double the recipe and did a trick I learned long ago. Put the batter in baking cups like you normally do and put them in the freezer. After 24 hours, you can remove them from the pan and store them in a container.


We decided to have the muffins this morning for breakfast so all I had to do was put them back in the muffin pan and defrost overnight in the fridge. They were ready to bake for the normal time and turned out pretty good.

No comments: