Nicolette

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Giving thanks



You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God I will give thanks to you forever!

Psalm 30:11-12



How many times do we thank God for all the things that are going well? Earlier in the chapter David said, "When I was prosperous I said, 'Nothing can stop me now!'" How many times do I forget to say thanks when things are going well? Yet, when I see God's hand dramatically pull us out of a situation, I am more willing to give thanks. What about the day-to-day things?


If I have an attitude of gratitude all through the day, I am more apt to live in a way that would be pleasing to God. Isn't this a good change?!


Picture is from here.

No comments: