Nicolette

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rudolph Red Nose 5K

Here is the group of us that ran the 5K (L to R): Rick Potter, Rick Mosley, Jamie Lubiens, Allison Davis, and me

For some of us, this was a last minute decision, but for others, it was planned and trained for. My goal was to get under 35 minutes, but I did my best race time and got 35:10. If I had only been a little bit faster!

It was about 30 degrees at 6:30pm when we began the race and my toes were cramping up, but overall, it was not too cold. I ended up taking my gloves off toward the end and really wanted to take my sweatshirt off, but figured it was better to keep it on. The race came before the Nashville Christmas parade so we did have a lot of people cheering us on for a portion of the way.

Perhaps the next one I'll be even faster, but I suppose that being able to run the whole way is as good an accomplishment than most would have.

No comments: