Nicolette

Sunday, August 4, 2013

New adventure

I haven't really said anything about our church in my blog... I think because we have been so gun-shy since our last encounter.  But, we have been going to this church now for over 2 years.
 
The new adventure is that I'm going to lead a women's small group.  In seeking out relationships for encouragement and help with the struggles of a new mom, I found that there wasn't the help that I had hoped for.  I talked with several at the church and then finally concluded that if it was going to be done, I would have to be the one to do it.

This weekend I spent time in training about being a leader -- focusing on connect, change, & cultivate -- for the basis of what a group should do to be successful.  We have to wear the shirts the next 2 Sundays as there will be sign-ups.

I'm praying for a location to host the group (our house is too small) and for ladies to join in the adventure.

No comments: