Nicolette

Monday, September 17, 2012

Being Creative

It was my co-worker's birthday on Friday, but she wasn't in the office, so I decided to have her birthday stuff ready for Monday.
She likes the color red, so I tried to make it with that in mind.  I used 3 papers, some red organdy ribbon, and a painted red chipboard "d".  I wrote happy birthday! on the yellow striped paper.

Then, I made some sugar cookies and tried to decorate them.  I used the sugar cookie recipe from allrecipes.com and then just used a can of vanilla icing.  On Dana's cookie, I shook some red colored sugar down first and then piped a yellow flower.  I had intended on doing some other colored flowers and mixed together some more icing that was lavendar.  But, when I put it in the bag with the little bit of yellow that was left, it turned brown.  Kind of ugly, but what can you do?
I made up a plate for the daycare ladies, and I guess it's the thought that counts.  It's kind of interesting, but who can turn down homemade cookies?

No comments: