Nicolette

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Grandma

When we were in Canada for the quick visit in June, my aunt gave me a couple things that she had. She had extra copies of pictures from my grandma's 80th birthday and gave them to me.

Since yesterday was my grandma's birthday, I got to thinking about her and how much I miss her. She would have been 89 this year.

This picture was taken on her birthday July 18, 2002. I had just moved to Michigan in the fall of 2001 and my dad came from South Dakota for the event. We had a special family dinner and it was a good time.

Although I didn't get to go to her funeral, I'm so glad for the many memories that I had with her. In fact, it was sort of hard to go back to Canada and realize that she wasn't there to welcome us. She's in a better place, though, and I'm so glad that she's not in pain any longer. I can't wait to be reunited with her again!

No comments: