Nicolette

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Visit to Canada

We went first to spend time with my aunt and uncle that live in Kitchener. They decided to take us into Mennonite country and we had lunch at Crossroads in St. Jacobs. It was a big "smorg" or buffet that had all kinds of food. Since there were such great desserts, I saved room to have several different ones. It was delicious! On our way we saw two buggies and also a horse pulling a plow. Later on my cousin came over with her son who is 11 months old. It was great to meet him!
Then, we drove down to St. Thomas to see the cemetary where my grandma was buried. I thought it was sort of comical that the border of the marker looks like it is wild animal print. So I said to Barry, "Grandma's in style now!" I don't think she would ever have worn animal print.
So, it was a VERY long day with lots of driving, but it accomplished what we needed it to - visiting family!

No comments: