Nicolette

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Yard Work

Although I haven't yet shared the pictures from Travis' graduation party, I thought I'd come back to the present to share what we did on Saturday.
We had not yet spent any time weeding so Barry's suggestion for Saturday was to spend some time doing that job. Barry started in the back by the irises.
I went through at first and picked up all the dead leaves that have been falling to the ground. Our neighbor said that the cicadas have caused this. They burrow holes into the trees and now, as a result, all these bundles of leaves fall to the ground.
When I mowed on Monday, I just went right over them, but since there were so many this time, that I decided I needed to go through and pick them up.
Here is the pile that I picked up... As I counted in the back yard, there were over 100 that I picked up. Look at all of them!
I'll show you the other work that we did when it's all done!

No comments: