Nicolette

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bunch of Birthday Cards

I'm sure that you've been in suspense, wondering what has been going on, but I have been pretty busy making cards and just haven't taken the time to post these. I've been working on a bunch of Mother's Day cards as well and I'll post them later.

I used 3 papers for this one and then a bit of pink organdy ribbon and a chipboard letter a. I hand-wrote happy birthday to you! along the edge of the brown triangle. This card is for my co-worker who's name starts with an a! :)
This card only uses 2 papers, a piece of blue ribbon and some white alphabet stickers. Inside I said something like, All these words and more describe a special sister like you. Hope you have a happy birthday! I think the colors are funky and bright and didn't require much additional embellishments to look nice.

This card used 3 different papers, black ribbon, 3 pink sparklies, and a M sticker. You'll see the paper again with another birthday card and I like how the colors pop. This card is for my sister.

I used 5 different papers for this card, some pink organdy ribbon, and some purple alphabet stickers. I smeared the edges of the cream paper in a purple ink pad. It worked okay here, but I've had better success in other instances doing that. My friend Abby showed me that technique! This card was for another co-worker.

This card was a bit more complex. I decided to follow the template found at CPS. I used 6 different papers with this one! The background paper was also decorated on the reverse side (the cream with brown polka dots) and then I used a chipboard flower which I covered with some other paper. I simply wrote Happy Birthday! I wanted to put a couple sparklies on it, but since it was going through the mail, I was a little skeptical about it. This one is for my aunt.

All in all, I think these turned out pretty decently. I continue to use Mono Multi glue which is just about the handies stuff. The only problem that I've had is that when it gets on my workspace, I end up finding little balls of it stuck on things (namely the back of cards!). It sticks so well that I wash my hands often while working so that I'm not sticking to other things. I need to find a no-stick mat -- if they have such a thing!

No comments: