Nicolette

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Birthday Invitation Project

A co-worker asked me to do a special project for a birthday party she was hosting. Since I had quite a bit of time to look for supplies, I found a good deal on the paper. I was bummed that I couldn't find black chipboard, but here's what I had to do:
First, I had to trace and cut out all the swirlies. I went back with an exacto knife to get the inside portion cut out.
2nd, I painted each of the swirlies (20). It was very time consuming as I had to go back and get the edges too.
Then I had cut the ribbon and string the ribbon through. I glued down the swirly on the page.

Then, I taped down the sides of the ribbon. Here they all are -- all 20 of them! She still has to print out the back portion and then I'll glue it on to make the invitation complete! She purchased black envelopes and is writing with white gel pen on it.

No comments: