Nicolette

Saturday, November 21, 2009

What savings!!!!

Here are my receipts from the 3 stores we went to:

Kroger we saved $10.39, Target we saved $27.43, and Publix we saved $32.82
for a grand total of $70.64 in savings!!!!!
Here are most of the items that we purchased... We also got 4 12 packs of Coke & a 24 pk. of Aquafina. We have all the items for Thanksgiving and some other good deals to make it during the next few weeks. We spent $92.98! What a deal! :)

SO, I recently attended a coupon saving class with some co-workers and heard some interesting tips on how to shop and get more for your money. This weekend was our first try at it. Now, I've always been a coupon cutter and look at all the flyers to see what's on sale each week. I plan out meals for 2 weeks so that we're not going to the store all the time, but I'm willing to try this new way if it'll save more money.
The key to it all is to stock up when things are on sale. Then, you eat out of your pantry. You only buy things to stock up and then the occassional item here and there for recipes. Therefore, if you're buying when they're on sale and using coupons, you're getting the best value for your dollar. Of course, you have to build up your pantry at first, but I think that as I start getting into it, I should be able to add a few things each time I shop and build it up.
There's lots of places to get coupons on-line as well as the ones that you find in the newspaper. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: