Nicolette

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Peppermint Red Velvet Swirl Cake

Last year, I found out that a very dear friend loved peppermint.  It so happens that at the time I had a subscription to Southern Living and came across this peppermint cake recipe.  This is a douzy to make -- two flavors swirled in three cake pans and peppermint/cream cheese icing!  [Both my husband and I have pinky-red fingers from the red velvet portion :).]  My friend loved the cake so much that she requested that I make it for her birthday & Christmas.  So, here it is, Christmas again and we had ourselves a little celebration and some yummy cake.  To top it off, we had Purity Peppermint ice cream!  "Num, nu-um," as her daughter would say!  I'll have to see if she can take a pic of what it looks like inside (I forgot to tonight).  Everybody loved it!

No comments: