Nicolette

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Potatoes

Yep, these are some tasty looking red potatoes -- I think they're organic, grown in the area.  We stopped over at our neighbors after coming home last night and she shared with us some produce that they were not going to eat [she gets a box from a co-op with whatever is in season].

I could hardly believe it when she handed over this bag of potatoes.  You see, potatoes has been on the grocery list the last 3 weeks or so.  I haven't purchased a bag of them because we haven't been able to eat them all before they went bad.  I had bought a couple loose ones a month or so ago and that had worked, but I only had 2 left which wasn't enough for a meal.

You still may wonder, "Why is Kristy so crazy about these potatoes?"  Well, it's because to me it was a reminder that God knew what I needed even though I didn't ask Him for it.  He provided a seemingly insignificant item to remind me that He knows what I need.  He'll take care of me and even bless me with gifts.

Also, I think because I was able to slow down and reflect on some things I've been reading in Scripture and what our pastor has been talking about, it was easier for me to see and praise Him for.  Thank you, God, for potatoes!

No comments: