Nicolette

Friday, March 2, 2012

Hail Storm


Today, the high was 80. Yes, the 2nd of March, it was going to be 80! This was of course indicative of bad weather in store for us. Around 4pm there was a tornado warning issued for our county and not much later I could hear the siren going off. Barry called me on his way home and we decided that I should be prepared for a tornado. I pulled out the tubs in the bottom of the hallway closet and pulled pillows from the bed to put in the bottom. Not much later I could hear the hail coming and so Nathan and I piled into the closet. Thankfully, despite the bad hail storm, we were safe and nothing happened at our house. Barry arrived not much later and we looked out to see the hail all over the ground. The pieces ranged in size from nickel sized to quarter sized. We are so glad that we were spared and Nathan slept through the whole thing.

No comments: