Nicolette

Monday, October 19, 2009

Various Cards

Here's a card that I made for a family at church. I used a fall-ish paper, and then a burgandy organdy ribbon. Their last name is Dash and then I wrote across the bottom God's blessings to your family.
This one has the same paper, but I used a different ribbon that was orange & white loops. I'm going to send this one to my friend in Indiana. I used cardstock to make the card that will fit in some yellow envelopes that I have. These two cards are about 3"x5".

This one is based off a vellum quote that's by Victor Hugo, "A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them." I used a blue and purple striped paper and then used purple paper for accents. I had a heart brad that I put through the top of the vellum portion. This last card was made to cheer up a friend who is going through her second round of chemo. I used a Suzy's Zoo character as the basis for the colors. The paper is hot pink plaid with a green stripe. I used green paper across the bottom and a pink ribbon with polka dots along the left side. I did a pink flower with an orange middle like on the duck's dress. Inside I wrote, "Hi, friend!"

I made these four cards Sunday afternoon while Barry watched football. It was a little difficult, because I kept thinking that I should make one for my grandma. I guess I have more opportunities to encourage others now.

No comments: