Nicolette

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A few projects

My former co-worker, Martha, asked me to make up some gift cards that have a giraffe on them. This is what I came up with. I based the colors off the giraffes that I found. The little sticker is put on a circle that I punched. I rubbed the edges on an ink pad so it has the orange hue. I wrote happy birthday! with my calligraphy pen. The ribbons are adhered with tape on the edges. I glued it all down to a piece of white card stock. I made up 12 and they are approx. 2" x 4".
This is an overdue thank you card for a family that had us over for a pot-luck. I used 7 different types of paper. I used some orange organdy ribbon on the top square. I used some different ribbon down on the bottom square and put a D for their last name. I put some 3-d tape under the D to make it stand out.

Here's one of the little 2"x3" cards where I've decorated the one side and left the other blank for a note. I used 5 different papers. I did two different squares underneath the JL. I put ribbon underneath that. It turned out pretty cute.

No comments: