Nicolette

Friday, February 3, 2017

Horse Cookie Favors

I had this great idea that I'd do cookie-on-a-stick party favors for Nathan's party on Saturday and for his class on Monday. I studied Pinterest and found all sorts of tips on how to make the dough and how to roll it out to make them the right thickness.

Here is my attempt:
 Using paint sticks - 2 stacked on each side, I rolled the dough to about a 1/2 inch thickness.
Then I used only one of the three horse cookie cutters to make the favors.
Here they are laid out on parchment paper. This was the first time I've baked with parchment paper and boy did it help keep things from not sticking. It's a keeper!
 
 They cooled on the rack before I frosted them.
I didn't get an in-between picture, but I took a sandwich bag and cut a hole in the corner. I outlined each of the horses before then going in with the icing in the middle. This helped keep the icing from running off the edges but boy was it time consuming. It's a good thing I love my son! :)

Needless to say, I made enough cookie favors and then cut out the rest of the dough to make regular cookies to eat after we had the pizza. I'm not sure what Monday's birthday snack will be, but I'm fairly certain it's not going to be these cookies.

No comments: