Nicolette

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Fixing Momma's Bike

We had an adventure yesterday.  Nathan and I decided to ride over to the library as it was something to do on a very pleasant day.  I got everything together and we got our jackets and helmets on.  We started going and I noted that my back tire was low but I figured I'd be okay to do this short trip.  Boy was I wrong!
We were on the street that the library was on, riding on the sidewalk, when I hit an uneven part. The tire locked up and that was the end of the ride.  When I hit it, the child seat fell and one of the bolts got stuck in the spokes and nothing I could do would release it.  So, Nathan was crying and wanting to be held and I was struggling with figuring out what to do next.  

Can you picture it?  I was walking down the sidewalk, carrying the bike with my right arm, holding Nathan's hand with my left and pleading with him to be a big boy and walk with Momma.  I'd have to stop for a few minutes and catch my breath, hold him, and then we'd go again.  I got the bike to the library and was able to lock it up.  We got our movie and then walked home!  What an adventure!

Barry picked up the bike in the Jeep that night.  Saturday we looked it over and he figured out a different way to have the bars fit on the bike so that hopefully this wouldn't happen again.  It seemed more secure so I think that it will work.  We took a short ride on Sunday and everything was back to normal.

"Don't worry, Daddy.  I got it!"
"I fix it!"

No comments: