Nicolette

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Two for Tuesday

 Here I am 1 year ago...
Here's Little Bit today!

As Super Bowl Sunday came, I began thinking more about what life was like 1 year ago.  See, that Sunday was the last full day that we had without Nathan.  We went to a Super Bowl party and through it, I had several calls from people wondering if today was going to be the day.  

We went through Monday and didn't think too much about it.  I had a doctor's appointment (I was going weekly) and Barry stayed home with me.  We decided at the last minute not to put the luggage in the car (bad decision) and headed on in to Nashville. At the appointment, my blood pressure was high again so they sent us to the hospital.  We were admitted again (pros, now, since it was the 4th time) and they were so full that we were put in the high risk area.  Only God knew that my high blood pressure was going to be the saving grace for Nathan.  See, while they had me hooked up to the equipment, they began to notice that while my contractions were minimal, pretty frequently his heart rate would drop when I had one.  That was the beginning of a whirlwind!

Lots of emotions as I think back to Nathan's arrival.  Wow!

No comments: