Nicolette

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

CHEESE!

Just a cheery smile to help jumpstart your day!
 
I've been struggling with a cold for about two weeks, but the last 4 or 5 days it had been pretty unbearable.  We had tried to stop by a pharmacy on Saturday night to talk to a pharmacist about what was safe for me to take, but both stores we stopped at, the pharmacies were closed.  Let's just say that Monday was a blur -- I was so out of it that I'm not quite sure what I did or said.   Thankfully I have a doctor's appointment for Tuesday so that I can get an antibiotic.
 
Here's some trivia for you:  most over the counter cold medicines have not been tested to see whether they pass through breast milk.  I know you wanted to know this! :)  Prescribed medications have to go through a more rigorous testing process so there is more certainty that they're safe.  But, if you're in a tight spot, you can try a cold medicin without a decongestant (of course, that's usually what you need!).  I'm so glad to help expand your knowledge!  Too bad I didn't know this 2 weeks ago!
 
Since it's Tuesday, here's another picture so you can have "Two for Tuesday"!

No comments: