Nicolette

Sunday, May 31, 2009

New cards

I made this little 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch card for a good friend from church.  I used the same materials (for the most part) on each of these three cards -- the circle letters, the same 5 or so printed papers.  But, on this card, I used a flower die cut and a purple square brad.  It turned out pretty cool, if I do say so myself!
On these two cards, I used a regular sized card and these cool flower embellishments that I got as a set from Target on clearance.  It's neat to be able to go through scraps and find so many papers that match.  I used the square print as my main pattern and tried to match it with the other papers.  So, there is a smattering of purples, greens, and blues.  If I had more letters, I would do a few more of this same color palette, but, I've pretty much used up the ones that I have.  They were a find as well in the $1 spot.
The thanks card will go toward a set of 6 cards for a co-worker (who's placed another order for cards!) and the give one is for my sister.  The quote inside the give one is the inspiration: "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." (Winston Churchill)  After the great weekend we had, I wanted to say a little word of thanks.  I focused on the "i" in give because it's not about what I should have, but what I have to give.

No comments: